About our club
Chippenham Sailing and Canoeing Club is an organisation run entirely by volunteers who have a passion for water sports and wish to get others involved in the fun of being on the water! All our coaches have qualifications obtained through British Canoeing and have First Aid, DBS (previously called CRB) and vulnerable person Safeguarding training. The club membership ages currently range from 8 to 75+ years old, with participation actively encouraged by all at a suitable level.
- Coaching for canoe and kayak to British Canoeing standards for 1*, 2* and 3* qualifications. This takes place on the River Avon during summer months and in a swimming pool during the off season
- Recreational activities in canoe, kayak, katakanus and other craft that float
- Canoe polo – a growing activity for experienced paddlers
- Sailing – a mainly casual activity for existing sailors with the unofficial coaching on request
- All of the facilities at the club are available for members to use year round 24/7 (although coach led courses take priority on equipment)
- Modern male and female changing rooms, shower and toilets plus an accessible changing room and showers
- Indoor and outdoor boat storage is available to members (subject to availability)
- Quaint little club house providing access to limited cooking facilities and snacks (available for purchase via an honesty system)
- Access to the water by slipway and a well maintained jetty. There is a ramp down to the jetty to allow easy access.
- Secure parking within a compound owned by CSCC. Member key available subject to completion of an induction course and payment of deposit.