On this page you will find information about all of the courses that we run at the sailing and canoeing club. In the spring and summer these take place down at the club on the Avon, in the winter pool sessions take place at Stonar School. See below for more information about them.
Please sign up to our email list to ensure you get up to date information on courses and events this is located here.
Pool Based Winter/Spring Courses
We offer run 6 week courses in the spring and early summer, unfortunately these have already passed for the current year.
We are now offering pool sessions that take place in 3 week long courses, please see the below for more information on when these course are happening.
We run pool session between October and March, starting this year on 3rd October.
The pool is a perfect place to get confident when falling out of a kayak. Depending on your skill level we start you on simple exiting the boat after capsize, progressing all the way to learning to roll the kayak back up using the paddle.
They are held at Stonar School just outside of Melksham, and are run as a block of 3 sessions, over 3 consecutive weeks, there are 2 lots of sessions each evening, with the first one starting at 19:30 and the second starting at 20:15, running for 45 minutes each.
These courses are offered to both members and non-members of our club, although members get a slight discount and priority on courses. There will be a 1 off course being held in October half term for under 14’s whichis £7 for members and £10 for non members.
- For further information contact Nigel at CSCCPoolSessions@gmail.com.
- Priority for course enrolment will be given to CSCC members, non-members will be considered as follows:
- Course 1 – after 2nd Jan;
- Course 2 and Children’s 1 off Course – after 23rd Jan;
- Course 3 – after 20 Feb.
- Places cannot be reserved; receipt of monies by the pool session coordinator secures a place on a course where available.
- The club is unable to refund fees if you cannot attend. If the session is re-sold, a 75% refund will be provided with 25% retained to cover administration charges.
- Each block of 3 consecutive sessions costs £20 per person for CSCC members, £27 for non CSCC members. Once the block of sessions has started any spare places can be booked individually for £7 per session for CSCC members or £10 for non CSCC members. The additional cost to non-members includes a temporary membership charge covering the pool sessions only.
The pool at Stonar School, Melksham, SN12 8NT is accessed around the back of the school – up the main drive, bear right around the school buildings, just past the all-weather pitch.
Please see the below table for more information on the availability of courses:
Pool Session Availability -2016/2017
|Dates/Times||Course 1 |
|One Off 14 and Under Only Session|
|Early: 7.30 – 8.15pm|
|Late: 8.15 – 9.00pm|
We run river courses throughout the spring and summer, these are suitable for both beginners and more experienced paddlers. Please check back here closer to the spring for more information on our river courses.